Hello there! For Tuesday we have collected 13 free events taking place in and around London. Here are some ideas:
- if you like music there is a free gig with Majagua group performing South American Folk & Afro-Columbian rhythms (National Theatre, 5.45pm)
- later (7.45pm) at the nearby Purcell Room (Queen Elizabeth Hall, Southbank Centre) there is a free recital by winners of the Martin Musical Scholarship Fund, Nemstov Piano Trio. They will perform pieces by Fauré, Shostakovich, Kidane and Piazzola; ticket required; you can book tickets for free by visiting one of the Southbank Centre Ticket Offices in person
- free tour on the theme of “Landscape: Real, Ideal or Imagined”; Caroline Smith will guide you to a tour that explores the realism of the landscapes of the National Gallery collection (The National Gallery, 1pm)
- a free 10-minute talk/introduction to “The Wilton Diptych” (The National Gallery, 4pm)
- the daily free guided tours of the Victoria and Albert Museum (highly recommended) and the National Gallery ones are a good option too.
Have a happy Tuesday!
To get the full list of events and all their details for Tuesday, 29 May 2012, or to make plans for any future dates please scroll down to the calendar and click on the event(s) you are interested in.